Has anyone experienced this strange K3 Lockup problem?

For a second time my K3 locks up when I change bands while using N1MM.  The
first instance was two weeks ago when I entered a 20m frequency while on 15
meters.  The same thing happened today.  After the first lock up I called
Elecraft and Tech Support told me it was communications buffer overload,
shut down the radio, logging and any other software and reboot the computer.
The problem occurred the first time during an afternoon CWops Mini Test
event.  This morning no problem then this afternoon the lockup occurred
again which hints of a possible RF problem but why in the morning and not
afternoon?  I'll put a couple more clamp on ferrites on the microHam CW
Keyer power, USB and Keying Cable to see if it helps.

N1MM running on a one year old System 7 O/S, plenty of memory and nothing
but N1MM and microHam Router / microHam CW Keyer running.  The K3 receives
on whatever frequency it is on but no front panel controls function upon
lockup.  Shutting down the K3, KPA, N1MM, microHam Router doesn't
immediately resolve the lockup but wait 30 - 40 minutes and the K3 lockup
problem resolves itself.

Any suggestions will be appreciated:  Update firmware for example?   N1MM
and microHam Router / CW Keyer are latest versions.

Thanks in advance for any help or recommendations.
73,
Jack W0UCE