Subject: Weird K3 SSB problems fixed
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 19:27:10 +0000
From: Brian Alsop <als...@nc.rr.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net

Thanks to tips from several people of the list this problem was solved.

It turns out that a scope showed there was a 300 mv audio signal on line
in.

Line in was not selected and I don't understand how it got to the mic
input. Bleed through?  I normally use line in for PSK in the data A mode.

Never the less, I had shot myself if the foot.  The SDR RX/Rocky
connected to the K3 normally has its audio sent to a sound card with no
speaker/earphones connected.  Today I listened to it a bit on a
different sound card.  Resetting the sound card choice, I'd sent it to
the SC used for PSK transmit tones.

73 de Brian/K3KO