I have for sale a HAL Communications CW/RTTY Keyboard Keyer with the add/on
64/128 key extended memory option.  This unit was manufactured in the early to
mid 1970's and was one of the more expensive keyboard keyers of it's day.
Factory assembled ones cost $799 without the extended memory option and you
could get it in kit form as well for $499.

This one is very clean considering it's age and after cleaning all the key
contacts and replacing a broken rear-panel connector, it operates perfectly.
It shows some keytop wear but all are readable and all function properly.

It has several diode matrix programmable keys that currently contain CQ, 73,
SK(VA) and a "Here Is" key that can be easily programmed by un-soldering and
changing the pattern of 1N270 Germanium diodes in the matrix.  Up to 15
characters can be programmed for the "Here Is" message.  If one can't find
1N270 diodes any more, the low forward voltage drop Schottky ones most likely
can be used instead as they are not critical.

The unit comes complete will the original book and CW cable.  I do not believe
it was ever used for RTTY and to do so you'd have to make up a special cable as
it was designed to key an RTTY current loop like the old machines used.
There's no loop supply inside the keyboard,  Looking at the schematic, I think
it should be able to key the direct FSK inputs of the more modern rigs like the
K3, Yaesu or ICOM rigs as the output is a transistor switch that is isolated so
you can key either positive or negative loops depending on how it's originally
set up.  For this though, you're on your own as I haven't tested this.

It can key either grid-block (minus) or cathode (positive) inputs for CW.  If
your rig is solid state most likely keying is TTL and that will be + on the
center conductor which you key to ground.  The cathode keying terminals are
used here and it works perfectly with my K3 and a Kenwood TS-140S I have in the
shack.  The included cable is set up this way so it should be pretty much
"plug-and-play" for the newer solid state rigs.

The manual is a full blown operator/maintenance technical manual with excellent
schematics, pictorial PC layouts and explanations of how everything works.
They don't include manuals like this with ham equipment any more.

I can email pictures to anyone that requests them.

Asking $135 shipped anywhere in the US by FedEx Ground Home Delivery.  This
unit is also listed on the Flying Pigs and 4 State QRP Group reflectors.

If interested, the first "I'll take it" email (by date time on the message)
gets it and I'll accept PayPal (Gift - PayPal doesn't charge a fee for this) or
add 5 percent to cover their fees.
Please reply off list to keep the clutter down

Jim - W0EB

PS: only reason I'm selling this is I got a nifty TONO  EXL-5000E RTTY/CW/AMTOR
terminal unit and there isn't room on the desk for both of them.