I am sure the Elecraft crew is working within the resources and limitations
that they have. We will hear more as more information becomes available.

I, too, have been waiting for the 2m module. That will make my backpacking
radio set up complete. However, I'll stay patient in waiting. Elecraft makes
some really good products and there is probably a good reason why there is
so much of a delay. Last I heard was the amp was coming first, once that hit
the market then the pace was to speed up on the 2m module. The amp has hit
the market so we should be getting close on the 2m module.

If I was to guess - the crew at Elecraft is probably taking a holiday break,
a much deserved one :) Maybe we'll hear something after the first of the
year.

Steve, KC8QVO

On a side note, I looked through the FAQ page on the 2m module and see that
it looks like they have opened up the receive range to include the weather
band, at however degraded the performance becomes. If that is true - THANKS
ELECRAFT!!! That was my one wish when I first heard of the preliminary specs
- it eliminates the need to take an HT in my backpack too.