Happy New Year, Don...

Using audio out from the rear speaker jack is the same as the front headphone jack: low audio which becomes distorted as the gain from either the radio or the BT transmitter is increased. I'm thinking that this might be a limitation in the hearing aids. I haven't checked with the hearing aid people about increasing the gain of the hearing aids in the BT mode. That's worth a try. I'll report back.

...robert