George,

Please feel free to cite the appropriate section from Title 47.

I may have missed something.

73 -- Lynn

On 1/7/2014 9:41 PM, george fritkin wrote:
Lynn, I think you need a little brushing-up on the FCC regs

George, W6GF

*From: * Lynn W. Taylor, WB6UUT <k...@coldrockshotbrooms.com>;
*To: * <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>;
*Subject: * Re: [Elecraft] JARD Technical Standard Certification Number for K3 orK3X
*Sent: * Wed, Jan 8, 2014 4:49:24 AM

We've all got our copies of 47 CFR part 97 handy, right?  Every FCC
licensee is supposed to have a copy of the rules for their radio service...

As best I can tell, in the U.S. there is no requirement for type
acceptance for amateur radio transmitters, and as licensees in the
Amateur Radio Service, we are solely responsible for our transmitted
signals.

Commercially made receivers require type-acceptance under 47 CFR part
15.  Manufactured or imported amplifiers must be certified, mainly
insuring that they can't easily be used on Citizen's Band.

Transmitters do not require type acceptance or certification.  We as
licensed amateur radio operators are free to build or modify our
transmitters at will.

At least as far as I can tell.

Good thing, or homebrewers and kit builders would likely need to send
their radios to be certified.

I don't know how other countries handle this, but maybe Japan has it right?

73 -- Lynn