You may want to talk to tech support when they open on Monday. You can connect
the KPA to the K2 using a serial cable, but be sure to follow the K2 rules and
only connect pins 2, 3 and 5. DO NOT connect the other pins on the KPA -0 that
is, do not use a straight-through 9 conductor cable. Set the KPA’s RADIO menu
setting to SERIAL and the data rate to 4800.

This won’t solve the receive problem, though. The problem sounds serious enough
that Customer Support will need to help you.

Jack Brindle, W6FB