Hi Larry,

The XFIL control rotates through the roofing filters.  When you
manually select a filter, its default center and passband are used.
This is described on p5 of the Owner's Manual.

Try reading the section "Filter Presets (I/II)", to understand the I
and II filter presets, and how they operate.  You can also use NORM 1
and NORM 2, desribed in the "Filter Normalization" section.  Any of
these methods allow customization on a per-mode bases while you're
operating.

In a way, XFIL is a holdover from the K2.  It does allow changing the
filter in use, but it just changes to the default center and passband
for that filter.

73,
matt

Matt Zilmer, W6NIA