I have the same problem with my K3 on AM and SSB.

Particularly on the initial transmission the power ramps up slowly, like over 5 to 10 seconds. I went round and round with Elecraft about this problem when the rig was new (#4175), sent it back to them twice, and never got anything resembling an admission that the problem exists.

It is not consistent, sometimes it works as it should, and sometimes it has the problem to varying degrees.

I finally concluded that it is a design flaw that Elecraft doesn't want to deal with and just learned to live with it.

73 Jack KZ5A