Thank you, Fred, for the specific comparison btw. BP and AL. A few months
ago I was at a point where I needed a portable for my outings in the park.
Those two commercial antennas were on the top of my list.and I ended up
building two wire antennas, a vertical ground plane and a ZS6BKW dipole,
both to be hoisted into my favorite tree there. Despite the tree now having
an installed haul line, which saves me half the setup time and more, it is
still a fight with the wires each time.

So, when a used AL came up on Yahoo, I grabbed it and now, reading your
comparison, like it even more, having had the hunch that the BP will be a
bit more like my wires in the tree, as far as setup time is concerned. Of
course, an A/B/C/D comparison between the four would be better than
guessing, but I am making plenty of contacts with the AL.

For an upcoming trip to Greece, where I will bring the KX3 and the AL, I
will also bring a ~60' EF with a matchbox to be able to cover 80m. It will
be a HB of course. Just got the matchbox parts in the mail today (EARC
design) and am still researching the wire (between the yellow from SOTAbeams
and the 532 from Wireman).

That's the hardware. Running a small-scale "DXpedition" will be a whole
other subject for this green ham with not even 12 months under his belt.

73 de Arno K7RNO

SKCC #11131, NAQCC #6870