I want to pass along this info in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Got the K3 and KPA500 working well. It is a nice package. No problems. As I
also have a SteppIR antenna I use a N8LP SteppIR Tuning Relay in series with
the
"Key Out" - "PA Key" line. I am using the KPAK3AUX cable set.

When I try to hook in the PR6-10 I use the CTRL line on the PR6 connected to
Pin 11 on the K3 ACC jack. When I do this I can't cycle the PR6 or KPA500.

To fix this I used a gender changer between the "Y" cable going to the
KPA500 with pins 10 and 11 removed.

Make sure the KPA500 menu is set for INHIB IN DISABLE.

I use DIGOUT1 to select the bands I want to use the PR6-10.

I want thank AB7MY and others for their suggestions.

So, now I am a happy camper. Got the K3/KPA500 working well for general
operating. Got my Acom 2000A for contesting which is in the basement hooked
up so a single switch changes amps. The DPDT switch controls a SPDT relay
for switching the keying line to the amps  and also switches two SPDT RF
relays - one on the output of the K3 for the amp inputs and one in the
basement switching the outputs of the two amps.

73,

N2TK, Tony