“Yes, BUT -- these are passive networks, and the response of all passive
networks depends upon the source Z and the load Z at each port. I'll bet your
measurements were for 50 ohm sources and 50 ohm loads. Real world antennas
differ widely from 50 ohms even when they are close to resonance on the bands
of interest, and by a lot more when they are resonant on other bands. And if
that isn't enough, source and load Z are transformed by transmission lines
between the antenna, the device (the KAT), and the load (the RX). We run into
exactly the same issues when measuring bandpass filters, a lot of which I
published a year or so ago in NCJ. Our measurements look great, we do them very
carefully, but hook real antennas and equipment to these networks and the
results can be very different.73, Jim K9YC”

Jim - You are absolutely correct.  Antennas resonant on different bands should
improve things.  My measurements were made in a 50 ohm system.  However,
without knowing what the other antennas are, a 50 ohm system measurement at
least gives a feel for the isolation.  In my case, I have two different
antennas resonant on some of the same bands (vertical and dipole), and a
6-meter beam.  So the 50 ohm measurement makes sense for the same-band
antennas.  Putting these two antenna on Ports 1 & 3 improves isolation quite a
bit (over Ports 1/2 or 2/3).  And the 6-meter beam on Port 2 will have more
isolation between the antenna on Ports 1 and 3 since it is not resonant on the
HF bands.

Phil – AD5X