Another solution for this, at least for CW, is to get a WinKeyerUSB. Those have two outputs, a PTT and a Key line. There is a variable, programmable, delay between when PTT is activated and when the Key line becomes active.

I use the PTT to key my amp and 30 mS later key the K2. The delay can be made very long, up to at least 990 mS, in 10 mS increments.

73 de dave
ab9ca/4