John,

Which Proset? If it is the ProSet-K2 or a ProSet-iC, then you should use the electret element Heil uses in their microphone for Icom (those with an -iC suffix). OTOH, if you have the normal HC-5 (or HC-4) element in your ProSet, your choice of the Heil dynamic element will work as you plan - BUT, you will *not* need the amplifier, just connect the hot mic lead to pin 1 of the 8 pin Foster plug, shield to pin 7, PTT to pin 2 and PTT Return to pin 8. In any case, with the Heil element in the D-104 head, you do not want the amplifier we have been talking about - that is only for use with the original Astatic element.

In other words, if you add the FET amplifier, leave the mic element as it is now.

73,
Don W3FPR