I know there are a lot of you people who are into PIC programming and I am
looking at doing so.

After reading for many hours in the Internet, I have become awash in PIC
programming hardware and software.  I need someone who is knowledgeable to
recommend something to me to get into this field.  Requirements are:

I would like to build it myself (DIY)
USB or RS232
No Parallel
I would like to program 18F stuff but others would be good too.
Software?

Thanks.  You can email be direct if you would like since this is a little off
topic here.

Lee - K0WA
Getting ready for the big day of retirement.

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.
-  John W. (Kansas)

Never interfere with anything that isn't bothering you.