Hi Rob,

Up until a few months ago I had been using my K3, going into an Ameritron
AL-811 amp, through the LDG AT-600 ProII, and then to an external 4:1 balun,
110 feet of 450 ohm ladder line, and an 88 foot long doublet. I also had the
M-600 analog meter connected to the AT-600 ProII.

Nothing special was needed - I ran RG-8X coax from the K3 to the amp, from the
amp to the '600, and from the '600 a couple of feet to the 4:1 balun.

The AT-600 was able to tune just about anything that the internal tuner in the
K3 did, although not always as low of an SRW - but pretty darn close.

Jim / W6JHB

p.s. - I sold the tuner, meter, and amp to a local buddy and replaced them with
the KAT500 and KPA500 for my birthday in November.