> I am afraid vintage Macs do not have an RS232 port ;-)

If you don't have an RS232 port, you don't have a DTR to connect to, and you
won't be keying your K2 that way.

> Hmmm. I'll have to read MultiMode manual further to figure out which
method
> it uses, straight key or iambic... I have got a feeling I'll have to
> experiment with this setting a little. I hope I do not burn anything on
the
> way.

All computer keyers are "straight key" to the K2, iambic is only for manual
paddles. Alternatively, some control programs tell the K2 to send the code,
but sending "KEY THIS" commands over the RS-232.

I'm not sure what you can do if you don't have RS-232 available. However,
even old macs had USB, so you may not be toast quite yet. However, I know
nothing about USB/rs232 adapters/software.

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2345