Arlen, I have a P3. I bought it as a toy, my wife does needlepoint which is as expensive as ham radio can be, we have an "equal hobby allowance" policy between us, and she'd been buying quite a bit and going to a number of classes. I assembled it, spent some time learning to use it, and far from being a "toy," it has changed just about every aspect of my operating habits.

I did not include it in my list to you because it is a separate device and not an internal K3 option. If it's within your budget and you can have 4 options instead of 3, I'd get a P3.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org