This weekend, I participated in NAQP RTTY.  I noticed when I went to a new
band....that the RTTY power (100 watts) was at 50 watts on the watt meter...but
after two or three times of calling cq...the power would be back to 100 watts.
The band did not matter, it did this consistently on all bands....even after I
had been on that band before.  The watt meter is a very normal Drake W-4

I found this to be strange.  Or is the NOP with the K3?

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.
-  John W. (Kansas)

Never interfere with anything that isn't bothering you.