Congratulations, Sean. Welcome to a great hobby. Consider the CW Operators
Club "CW Academy," http://www.cwops.org/cwacademy.html as a path to Morse
Code proficiency. There is a backlog for online classes, so you may have to
wait a bit. During that time, learn to use your KX3 on SSB and how to tune
in CW signals. There are also some stand-alone learning programs that can
get you started before you get into a CWA class. See
http://www.cwops.org/resources.html . CW isn't just the best mode for QRP
operation with a KX3, it's also the best mode, period! Hope to hear you on
the air soon.

73,

/Rick N6XI

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Sean Wall <seancw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> The big moment - I just ordered my KX3!  I decided to splurge and get the
> ATU, roofing filter, and... the keyer paddle.  *gulp* Guess I'm committed
> to learning Morse now! (Well, I did get a mic as well.   Gotta give myself
> something to do until I can learn the code.)   I'll be getting an antenna
> soon.  I'm thinking of an end-fed antenna from kx3helper.com and stringing
> it up in the attic and making the garage (where the attic hatch is) my
> "shack".  Pretty exciting stuff.  :)
>
> As soon as I get my rig set up (and my call sign from the FCC) I'll be on
> the air.  I'll let you know when I am.
>
> -Sean  (call sign TBD)

Rick Tavan N6XI
Truckee, CA