This message means that the nominal 12 VDC supply voltage has dropped below
the minimum value set in CONFIG.  It is often an intermittent connection in
the 12 VDC line.

The error message is misleading and confusing to most of us.  However,
QRPers will "get it" because they are used to running their rigs off
batteries.  Chief K3 Engineer N6KR is a QRPer.   ;>)

In my February Aruba trip, one of our K3s flashed this message.  I searched
the K3 Operators Manual PDF and found only one reference to "batt" which was
the CR2032 real time clock battery.  When the K3 finally shut off entirely
after that message about 24 hours into ARRL DX CW, I went off-line and
replaced the CR2032.  Of course, that wasn't the problem.  Finally thinking
to Google the problem led to prior threads on this reflector about the real
problem.  Futzing with the connections to the 12 VDC supply for that K3
fixed the problem.

I agree, that it would be great for both the K3 Operators Manual and Fred's
book to cover this error message.

Ed W0YK

Ray ND8L wrote:

Getting this message in the VFO-B area.  Can't find reference to
the battery in the K3 Owner's Manual or KE7X's book.

Can somebody shed some light on this for me?