From: Ian White <gm3...@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: 12/03/2014  03:59  (GMT-05:00)
To: tom...@videotron.ca,"'Joe Subich, W4TV'"
<li...@subich.com>,elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K3: Very distorted audio on transmit but only on 20m
and only with the KPA500 on

>Is having the Microham directly on top of the KAT500 Tuner with the
>microphone cable almost touching the RF out a potential issue? If so,
this
>might be an easy fix for now.

It shouldn't be an issue... but the closer those two cables are
together, the more you are relying on both cables being fully shielded
and solidly connected to the metal cases of the KAT500 and the Microham.

Poor shield connections on PL259s are a very common source of RFI
problems, and they often grow worse over time. So check all of your
PL259s very carefully - not just at the equipment site but also further
down the line.

73 from Ian GM3SEK