On 3/22/2014 2:43 PM, WILLIS COOKE wrote:
RTTY annoys me because it takes up the whole band,

Actually, ham RTTY signals use 170 Hz FSK (or AFSK), and a clean signal burns about 500 Hz. I see far too many CW signals that burn 500 Hz. My neighbor does with his IC7600.

As to the original topic of this thread, I work a lot of RTTY in contests, a bit of DX, and have had lots of fun on 6M with Joe Taylor's WSJT modes doing meteor scatter and ionospheric scatter to pick up grids that are too far for tropo and too close for sporadic E. The K3 is GREAT for these uses. I do share the disgust others have articulated for "brag" stuff.

73, Jim K9YC