May I add another congratulations, Sean!

I think we all remember our first QSO.  Mine was in 1960.  My call was
WV2LBV back then.  The rig was my first build from the ARRL Handbook
(6146 osc/amp) and of course since I was a rank novice it was rock
bound.  I had a very used Hallicrafters SX-99 for a receiver and a trap
dipole wrapped around the outside of the 4th floor of the apartment
building we lived in.  My first contact was in the Dakotas (memory fails
so I don't remember whether it was north or south).

I was nervous as all get out...knees knocking, key stuttering!  I also
discovered that if I didn't sit still my body would warp the crystal
frequency by capacitive coupling (very early FM).

No, I don't think any ham forgets that very first QSO.  What joy!

73 de Dick, ka1oz
Elecraft K3/100K #859
G5RV Doublet

[snip]