From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of John Lawrence
Sent: March 25, 2014 11:44 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Any EME gurus with the XV-144 monitoring?

I'm laying out and gather up the parts needed to use of a XV-144 with my K3
for EME applications.

Since my aim is towards JT65, is there anyone on the Reflector who's done it
and found need to do a modification to the local oscillator in the XV-144 to
enhance the frequency stability?  The K3 has the TXCO option.  The 10 MHz
reference using a GPS reference seems necessary but I hope a GPS discipline
is kill.

The output linearity on transmit should be ok but I'll be needing to have an
IPA plus PA chain without IMD growth as well and I'd like to know how the
EME boys are dealing with this side of their configurations.

Thanks,  John, W1QS

John

delivered to ve3...@cogeco.ca