    Bill> I just noticed that when the Manual NTCH is engaged and the frequency
    Bill> of the notch is set using VFO B - the main VFO is locked. You cannot
    Bill> change frequency with VFO A, however the frequency can be controlled
    Bill> via HRD. This lock can be toggled off by pressing the A/B button.

VFO A knob is disabled while you're in notch configuration mode, if you
press NTCH again you'll still have the notch at the desired offset
and you can move VFO A again. I see that pressing any other key also
exits from config mode (as it should be), so this is probably what
you're seeing.

    Bill> Is this a feature? Anomaly? Or, just one of those odd little things
    Bill> that can happen when something is designed to be foolproof - and
    Bill> underestimating the ingenuity a complete fool.

I wouldn't see the need to lock computer control of VFO A while setting
notch.

Pf

--
Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx