From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ian Kahn
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:50 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] [P3] New Computer, P3 Utility Doesn't See P3

Recently I replaced the computer in my shack.  When I did so, I moved the PCI
serial board from the old computer to the new one.  I then plugged my K-line
into the same ports on the computer as I originally had them plugged into on
the old computer (K3 into the integrated port, P3 and KPA500 into the same
ports on the PCI board).  I then downloaded and installed all the latest
utilities.  Each utility found its relevant system except for the P3 utility.
The P3 is plugged into one of two possible ports in the port list in the P3
utility.  On either port, all the utility does is scan through the various baud
rates looking for the P3.  The baud rate on the P3 is set to 38400, as are the
physical port configurations in Device Manager on the PC.  I verified the
cables are all connected properly.  I verified the ports work properly.  During
this whole endeavor I didn't change anything in the connections on my K-Line.

If anyone can make any suggestions as to what is causing this issue, I'd
appreciate it.  Thank you all in advance for the assistance.

73,

--Ian
Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA  EM74ua