Hi John,

This should get you going:

MENU Set ups for the older Heil versions of the MH3 with dynamic mic
elements:

- MENU:  MIC BTN = PTT  (not PTT up dn)
- MENU:  MIC BIAS = OFF

Wiring:

On KX3, use a 1/8" (3.5mm) plug.  Don't worry about the 2nd ring on the
picture shown in the KX3 Owner's Manual - the 2nd ring is for the up/dn
buttons.  This means we get to use the more common 1/8" Tip-Ring-Sleeve
(TRS) plug.

MH-2 pin     ------->          KX3 pin #
---------                         ----------

  1  (MIC)                            Tip

  2   PTT                             Ring

 7,8  GND                           Sleeve

So, you'd need the standard 8-pin socket to match the MH2's 8-pin plug to a
1/8" TRS plug (Radio Shack has those) and you're there.

As for someone to make up a cable for you,  here's an eBay vendor
<http://stores.ebay.com/W7YENs-AMATEUR-RADIO-HELPERS?_trksid=p2047675.l2563>
- I have no experience with him - who appears to be able to do this for you.

Cheers,

David