From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Richard Thorne
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2014 8:47 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Rig Interface for Digital

The Station Master, while providing rig control, is intended to be an
antenna switch controller, among other things.

If he has a rigblaster pro, I can only assume he's looking for rig control
and handling the digital modes.

The Microham Microkeyer II is the way to go.

The ultimate setup, which I have, is the Microkeyer II which handles the rig
control and digital interface along with the Station Master which handles my
antenna switching (and future band pass filter switching)

All I do is change bands/modes on my K3 and the KAT500/KPA500 and antenna
switch follows along.

If your not interested in true FSK and want to use AFSK then there is no
need for an interface.  Just plug your computer sound card directly into the
K3 and connect a serial cable (usb or rs-232) between the computer and K3.
However, I would think you would lose the computer sound card for normal use
unless you have 2 sound cards.

Rich - N5ZC