On 4/5/2014 5:21 PM, peterc281 wrote:
I had similar bad Tx audio reports when I took my K3 to Norfolk Island VK3NT
which was never completely resolved, maybe it’s an earthing problem at
remote locations as I don’t have the problem at my home QTH.

I seriously doubt that a connection to earth has anything at all to do with the observed problem. Rather, I suspect some fundamental problem with a bad interconnecting audio cable from the computer or microphone, an antenna problem, or simple mis-adjustment of the microphone gains (or gain the the line input, if computer playback was being used).

Remember that there should be a bond (short, fat copper) from chassis to chassis of every piece of equipment in the station, and this collection of equipment must be bonded to earth for safety.

73, Jim K9YC