Hello all,

Previously there was a K3 for sale here, and a question was brought up
as to the validity of the seller.  This was the rig with the son selling
for his father.  The son was out of the US when he posted the ad on
Craig's list, which is why it showed as not from the US.  The father's
health is failing, and he is moving to be closer to his children.

As it turns out I know the Father, (we worked together in MARS for a
number of years), so I drove up to look at the rig, and to say hello to
an old friend whom I had lost contact with.  The rig and owner live in
Salem Oregon, and I live in Eugene, Oregon, so the drive was only about
70 or so miles.

While the radio was not the one I wanted, the seller is real, and the
rig is in 7 or 8 out of 10 for physical condition, no visible scratches,
but the new look is gone.  It seemed to work, I am very new at using a
K3, so all I can say is it powered up, it tuned a few stations, it
transmitted, and teh ATU looked like it was working.

It has the stock filters, no Sub RX, and the Panadapter's front panel is
in good shape, with the exception of one cross threaded screw on the
upper right top as you look at it from the front.  It also has the ATU,
and the Voice memory.  He has the original receipt for it from Elecraft.
Beyond that I can not say anything more about working condition. YMMV

Given that you have all been so kind as to allow me to generate a large
number of posts/questions, and you have all answered every question I
have asked, I thought this would help to pay some of the kindness back
to the list by posting the results of my ventures looking at this
particular K3.

--
Support better RFI practices, please sign this petition:
at Whitehouse.gov

http://wh.gov/lpz5Y