My KPA500 T/R switch failed after two weeks of operation. Can not pinpoint any
reason why it should fail. It was repaired by Elecraft under warranty in Italy
and has now worked 10 weeks with no problem.

I now always check VSWR on K3 and on KPA with KPA in STBY whenever i operate on
a new band and always have the KPA in STBY when I let the KAT500 tune. It is a
bit cumbersome but really not a big deal.

I would be surprised if I were the only one having had a failing KPA500 T/R
switch.

NB: Europeans sending their failed Elecraft gear for repair at the Elecraft
associate in Italy must pay for the shipping BOTH ways. This is clearly poorer
customer service than what Elecraft provided for its US customers.

73 de OZ4UN
Poul-Erik

Sendt fra min iPad