 From: "mcduf...@ag0n.net" <mcduf...@ag0n.net>
To: als...@nc.rr.com; elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] QRQ CW

> Not at all. There were a number of posters here who simply could not
> believe anybody could copy 30 WPM.

Really?  :o(

> I thought it would be interesting to point out that several 1000
> contesters consider 30 WPM to a routine speed.

Agree.

> Of course to a no-coder, many Generals and Extras these days, 30 WPM
> might as well be 1000 WPM.  In their eyes it is QRQ.

We used to consider speeds over about 45 to be QRQ.  I still do.  I certainly
don't consider myself a QRQ operator, and I regularly run at 30-35.  My aging,
retired brain no longer does well at upper speeds.  Because I had been off of HF
for over ten years when I retired, it took a long time to get back to being
comfy at 30.  The brain just wouldn't keep up with the key when sending.  Doing
better now, but I'm no QRQ op.

Gary

Message delivered to wrco...@yahoo.com