I have seen a problem when using the K3 in SSB. While trying to work a DX station on 10M, waiting for the next chance to call, something causes the K3 to stop transmitting on SSB. The PTT still works as normal and keys the K3 and the power amplifier. If I change to CW, it transmits as usual. I found the only way to correct this was to cycle power on the rig.

I finally was able to contact the DX station and had a brief exchange with him, but as I was signing off I could hear the K3 fading out - then no transmit power at all.

I have reloaded all the firmware (which was current).

I have been using this K3 for 3 years and I have never seen this problem before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill K5EMI