E-mail is not a relic, it is a survivor.

Back in the 1980's, I managed 50+ internal discussion groups for HP, along with
maintaining the threaded "notesfiles" newsreader software. I've also managed
large mailing lists, and a largish web forum for a product. The webforum was
the worst, a constant timesuck. Mailing lists are rather easy to manage.

Today, I get get hundreds of messages per day and visit zero forums. Forum
interfaces are clumsy and inefficient and I would have to visit each one to
check whether there was anything new. It would be like having to walk to
different mailboxes for each person who might send me mail.

wunder
K6WRU

--
Walter Underwood