John,

First, check to be certain that you increased the CAL CUR setting to 3.5
Amps - the KPA100 adds to the current drain of the base K2 and the limit
must be increased from the default of 2.5 Amps.

Having said that, let's get down to some other 'facts' - first, the Hi-Cur
is only an indication that the base K2 is drawing more current than the CAL
CUR setting - there is usually no harm in setting the CAL CUR limit to
something above 3.5 Amps for troubleshooting purposes - if only to see just
how much current is actually being drawn by the base K2 - read the current
on the K2 display so you know how much current is actually being reported to
the K2 microprocessor.

Next, it would be of interest to know how much current the base K2 draws
when transmitting at full power into a 50 ohm resistive dummy load (KPA100
completely disconnected).

I will say that the most common cause of HI-CUR warnings is a problem in the
base K2 Low Pass Filter - check the toroids for the correct number of turns
and the capacitors for proper values.

73,
Don W3FPR