I completely agree with all of that except for the very last sentence. Clearly you've never used a 756Pro (first version) in a major CW contest. I can remember very loud stations 10 or 15 KHz away completely desensing my receiver to the point that the station I was trying to copy simply disappeared. When I switched to the K3 the difference was astounding.

73,
Dave   AB7E