Make sure to check diodes D16 and D17 -- they can be damaged by static discharges and cause this. There is no firmware power calibration.

On 5/18/2014 4:40 AM, Richard wrote:
A fellow ham is having the following problem withhis K2:

A year ago, we installed the KPA100 which worked fine until recently.

Suddenly, the TX Power Control failed and the K2 will deliver either
9-15 W or - with the 100W PA switched on - up to 150 W into a dummy load.

I suspect there is an issue with the TX-ALC, but no defective diode was
found.

I personally don't own a K2 but is there a TX gain calibration procedure
similar to the K3?

Suggestions welcome - thanks in advance.

73

Richard - HB9ANM

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA