The gain of the sound card  (the volume) can be changed by the driver so even
if the K3 output doesn't change, the levels can still change.

I leave the software (driver) maxed out and the K3 Lin Out at 1 (almost off),
but this risks swamping the card AGC so I use the K3 filters to limit what the
sound card gets.

73,
Rick wa6nhc

Tiny iPhone 5 keypad, typos are inevitable