I received my PAE-Kx31 heatsink from Fred VE7FMN (fsme...@telus.net)
yesterday.  This morning over morning coffee, I installed the heatsink.  I
removed one top plate and replaced it with the heatsink.  Very easy to do.

I have been operating JT65-HF with the KX3 the last few weeks.  Prior to
installation running JT65-HF at 10w, the KX3 would give me a high temp
warning and adjust power to 5w about 3/4's the way through the
transmission. In fact, most times going over 6+ watts would result in a
high-temp warning and throttle back.  Using the Mom's old standard of
checking the forehead of the child to see if the child was running a
temperature, the KX3 was very warm to hot to touch on top during this
operation.

This morning, after installing the heatsink, the KX3 stayed at 10w during
the full transmission of JT65-HF contacts and never gave me a high
temperature warning.  In addition, the little one did not feel like it was
even warm to touch.  I operated JT-65 in the normal operating mode of TX/RX
for close to an hour with no issues.

Thanks Fred!  I can use the KX3 to drive my Heathkit SB-200 to 100+w using
just 10w input if I want.

Info on the heatsink is at: http://proaudioeng.com/?page_id=40 or email
Fred at fsme...@telus.net.

--