Hi Don. The levels are high everywhere in the chain up through the bases of Q7-8. Requested power is immaterial in this case, since the ALC sees zero detected power, and therefore is pegged at 5v all the time.

I measured the levels with a scope, and divided the p-p values by 2.82 to compare with the voltage probe reference levels in the manual. BTW, I removed the KAT2 and KSB2 to simplify access and minimize the number of possible fault zones.

W6 - .28 Vrms
Q5 case- 1.4 Vrms
Q6 tab- 3.5 Vrms
Q7,8 base- 1.4 Vrms
RF out- .55 Vrms

Note: These waveforms are pretty dirty looking except on 10m, where I made these measurements.

Larry N8LP

Don Wilhelm wrote:

Larry,

With the requested power set at 5 watts, send us the RF Voltage levels at
the W6 jumper, Q5 collector (case), Q6 collector (tab), Q7,Q8 base, and the
RF Output jack.  With that info, we should be able to home in on the problem
area.

73,
Don W3FPR