OT, but I use the old "StopZilla" (AVM-2013) program which was the ONLY one that found and fixed that popup telling you that you need to pay to have it removed. Norton & McAfee said my system was fine. Then, after about two minutes, the pop up popped up again! StopZilla bagged it and I've never had a problem since I installed it. It's not free, but you get a lifetime purchase and free updates which happen about once a week as they keep up with the latest malware/spyware etc.

73, Charlie k3ICH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Wheeler" <w...@socal.rr.com>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 MARS mod, showing a virus

You are very luck, Phil -- assuming you run Windows. I just spent three days fixing a neighbor's Win7 computer that was full of trojans, viruses and malware. I *think* finally got it. He, also, had no anti-virus software.

I installed a (free) virus scanner and an annit-malware program so he should be OK. I have four instances of Windows (one is 8.1) and do the same on mine.

Mac OS X seems to be another story; my two Macs have never had a virus or malware problem

Phil W7OX