On Sun, 8 Jun 2014, Wayne Burdick wrote:

On Jun 8, 2014, at 6:14 PM, Jim Lowman <jmlow...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

P.S.  You're reopening a can of worms from Dayton last year, bringing up the
issue of Elecraft charging for the hats.

Manufacturers like Yaesu and Icom can afford to give away hats.  They probably
cost them $2 in quantity, and they have large advertising budgets.  Also, they
are cheaply-made in comparison to the ones that Elecraft sells.

And if your hat ever needs new firmware, it'll be free.

My hat cost me over $1300! Well, if you add my K2/100 and my K3/100,
P3+SVGA I suppose it was way over the $1300 I spent at Seapac!

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - ht...@twofifty.com