On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Terry Conboy wrote:

At 06:37 AM 2005-12-14, Thom R LaCosta wrote:
What I was hoping to do was have a helix that acted like a w3edp, ie, a multi-band antenna. So, if the edp is 87 to 89 feet, would that mean that a helix might be 174 to 178 feet of wire wound on the form?

Thom,

The comments you have already received have been excellent.

Yep...I am learning a LOT from the expertise of the folks...

You can't fool mother nature by winding a 10-wavelength rhombic onto four 0.05 wavelength long coil forms. It would be great if you could! 8-)

Yes...but, there is always hope.

BTW, the latest version of EZNEC (4.0) has a nice feature that makes it easy to create models of helical antennas (subject to limits on the maximum number of segments.) I can model a helical design if you like.

Don;t want to waste your time and energy....it looks like the Holix is not the way to go....but thanks for the kind offer.

Perhaps I need to take "Bribe 101" to convince the pole climbers not to touch my wire.

Keep clam,

Yes, and oysters, mussels, crabs and other goodies.

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,Drake Web Ring,
Free Classified Ads for amateur radio, QRP IRC channel, Drake IRC Channel,
Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/hosting/  ***  Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month