Thanks Wayne and Alan, for that super detailed info.   The radio side of things
are still very magical to me!   I'm a software guy, not a hardware guy.  :)

I don't own a K3, but two KX3's for my "knob" radios.   I use a Flex 6700 and
6300 for home use.  I'm assuming the 6700's -147 dBc@10kHz, -152 dBc@100kHz
phase noise values are pretty good then, if anything higher than -140 dBc is
acceptable.  Even the 6300 is spec'd at -140 dBc@10kHz.   I do agree that my
old (and sold) 3000 was messing up the bands during Field Day last year.
This year we are using a K3, two 6300's, and a 6700, so I'm hoping for better
performance all around.

Again, thank you for the info!