Hi Kevin,

Setting up the K3 and the Winkeyer is actually pretty simple. Lets assume that you have connected your K3 to your laptop on your serial port. Let's also assume that you have connected your Winkeyer and that it has passed the communication test. Now your serial port is probably Com1. So open N1MM make sure you have the information and entry windows open. Now click on Config at the top of the entry window. Then select the very first line on the drop down menu called "configure ports, mode control, ports, other". This will open the rather intimidating configurer window. Make sure the "Hardware" tab has been selected. Look at the first column, do you see Com1 on the left? Now click the little down arrow on that line and select the Elecraft K3 from the list that opens. Now push the "set" button on the right hand side. All the suggested Elecraft K3 settings have already been set for you. Just press OK down at the bottom. Now select the "Winkey" tab. Again, the settings have already been selected for you. Click OK at the bottom. When you do you will see the Winkey version appear on the Information window. Voila! You should be in business.

Good Luck, Charles N2SO