For a long time I have been using HRD to allow rig control of my K3 - using the mouse and computer for control of various features/controls and the VFO. Then I discovered the Pigknob - http://pignology.net/pigknob/

The Pigknob allows me to control 8 programmable features and the VFO (at two selectable speeds). I merely used the K3's Programmers Reference to help set up the eight buttons. If you can operate a feature or control from the front panel of the K3 - you can do it from the Pigknob.

Now I am able to easily control and use the K3 from my arm-chair (remember, all I do is arm-chair copy rag chew) without having to stretch across the desk to reach the K3's panel. The wire from the Pigknob to the K3 is plenty long enough for placement of the device anyplace on the desk, or to hold in my hand.

I am glad I found the Pigknob, as it ended my quest for a remote control pad. Also, it does not require the use of a computer, except when programming it. It is stand alone with the K3.

I have no financial interest in the company that sells the Pigknob - I am merely pointing out a device that works well for me and may do so for others.

As a parting comment: The Pigknob is the best station add-on I have bought in many years. It does its job very well.

Bill W2BLC K-Line