There are nearly 8,000 K3's out there. And yes, issues come up. But they are
not systemic. The K3 is a very flexible radio and can be configured to work to
suit the owner/operator. I believe you will be very pleased with it if you
choose to buy one.

All current HF rigs work quite well and each has it's strengths and weaknesses.
But I feel the K3 shines above the others in many ways.

First it is modular. The basic radio is really quite nice and you can do most
HF operations with only the basic 10 or 100 watts plus the ATU. This combo is
priced near the high end of basic level radios but is a lot of performance for
the money. Many users stop here and never need more.

But you can add just about any feature others have as you need/want them.  You
can add everything and still be under the price of some of the other brands
deluxe offerings.

And your radio need never be out of date. The very first K3 can be updated to
the latest firmware/hardware at any time (usually by the owner). And as
features are added or bugs arise, they are quick to make updates available and
easy to install.

And the company support is second to none.

And there is this reflector with many users who have been "there" before. It's
almost impossible to ask a question that someone hasn't asked before or a
problem that hasn't already been solved.

A K3 isn't just a radio, it's an "experience".

I have the full "monte" and love it!

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill