The "Think Tank Strobe Stuff" is a perfect case for the KX3.  However when
you put it in a backpack with other items, there is a risk your KX3 will
accidentally be switched on by external pressure on the respective switches.
I'm trying to prevent this by carefully packing my backpack.

Recently, when taking the KX3 out of its case on a summit two hours after
leaving home, everything seemed normal. The KX3 was off. When I switched it
on I was suprised about the low battery voltage reading because the 8
internal AA eneloop NiMH cells were fully charged in an external charger
just a few days earlier and took about 2.2Ah each. The big surprise however
came when I wanted to tune my antenna: The display went dead and the KX3
switched itself off. Back at home I confirmed that the NiMH cells were
completely discharged and that the KX3 is drawing around 60uA when switched
off, which is OK.

I prefer not to imagine in detail what might have happened inside my
backpack during my two-hour hike, but definitely the 2.2Ah were converted
into heat! Fortunately my KX3 seems to have suffered no damage.

Has anyone out there found an easy solution to protect the KX3 from being
switched on when carried around in a soft case?

Markus HB9BRJ