Dan,

That sounds more like a Signalink problem than a K3 problem.
Please monitor the voltage on the PTT input from the Signalink to the K3.

If the voltage when transmission is to stop is in the range of 3 volts, that is the problem - that voltage is in the indeterminate range for the typical logic levels. OTOH, if the PTT voltage from the Signalink goes reliably to 5 volts, then you have a K3 problem.

73,
Don W3FPR